Nike officially patents Power Laces, YES!!!
Last Updated on Friday, 27 August 2010 08:27 Written by PieceOfSith Friday, 27 August 2010 08:30
“Wow, this is heavy”,literally. Without the inventions of flying cars, a lifelike 3D version of JAWS and a flux capacitor, the future has been a let down to the fans of the Back to the Future trilogy. Well, Nike may have fixed that. The popular shoe company has officially filed for a patent to have “power laces” in some of its new model of shoes. When you may ask, it may be too early to tell that right now. It looks like Nike has filed its request to have this feature since late 2009, as patent reports have stated. As the diagram shows, it does look like the lacing system will have a power lock system, just like in the movie. There will also have a lighting system near the logo and a charging system so you can’t “power tie” your laces.
This sounds too good to be true, I hope it is actually done and done well. We will be eagerly waiting for more when its available.
“Run for it Marty!”
Related articles by Zemanta
- Nike files patent for auto-lacing sneakers, Marty McFly doth protest (engadget.com)
- Nike Patenting The Power Laces From Back To The Future II (crunchgear.com)
- Hold on to your hoverboards. Nike has filed a patent on some… (thetickr.com)
- Nike Files Patent for ‘Back to the Future II’ Shoes With Power Laces (cinematical.com)
- Nike’s Got Back to the Future II Sneaker Patents [Power Laces] (gizmodo.com)