Futuristic Bows and Nano Domes Are All The Rage in Crysis 3. [VIDEO]
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 04:03 Written by JCWaitWat Wednesday, 25 April 2012 04:03
It’s has been just over a year since the Seth turned New York City into a war zone in Crysis 2 and now EA are back with a third instalment for the franchise. Like its predecessor, Crysis 3 will run on the powerful Crytek 3 engine but looking at this announcement trailer it looks significantly better than last year’s sequel. It would seem the folks at Crytek have been busy tweaking the engine for some impressive results. And frogs.
The game has you play as Prophet on a path of retribution as he tries to uncover the treacherous acts of the Cell corporation who have incased New York City (as well as other cities throughout the world) in these nano domes. The gameplay harkens to the original Crysis with “a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry” according to Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek. The original Crysis was set on an enormous island which the player could explore at leisure (except for the ocean!) while the sequel was a linear shooter. It would seem that EA are trying to find the perfect balance between the two with this installment. You will be facing off against the Seth and also regular humans in the city-turned-rainforest environment. The trailer reveals a new Seth enemy called the “Scorcher” which will definitely keep Prophet nice and warm.
Hit the break to find out what else is in store as well as some super footage for your eyeballs!
In the press release Crytek also announced that the Hunter edition was available for preorder as well as the details for the other special editions:
- Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.
- Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.
- Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.
The Hunter edition gives a good advantage in Crysis 3′s multiplayer giving you early access to the bow (which takes center stage in the trailer) as well as a nano suit upgrade. The Hunter edition is available for preorder on Origin for $59.99. The game is set to be released in the spring of 2013 so in the mean time take a look at the jaw dropping announcement trailer:
Who all is down for some more Crysis? Spit it out in the comments!
- Crysis 3 official gameplay trailer released (slashgear.com)
- Crysis 3 teaser shows off stunning graphics, brief gameplay [video] (bgr.com)