Survive the horror of winter with Dead Space 3′s Limited Edition! Also, release date info. [VIDEO]
Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 01:36 Written by LoganDX Tuesday, 14 August 2012 01:36
The third, and hopefully final, tale of Issac Clarke’s mind shredding battle against the Necromorphs is going to freeze the hearts of gamers everywhere. We already knew much of Dead Space 3 would take place on the frigid planet of Tau Volantis and it was hitting consoles plus PCs in February. What we didn’t know was a hard release date or if there would be any kind of special edition. Thanks to the power of email, EA has answered both questions!
When the game appears in ice boxes around the globe, it will still be (as of now) a game only snow cone of death. However if you hit your favorite retailer and pre-order, you’ll get the Limited Edition. While it may not come with a prop plasma cutter like DS2′s Special Edition did, it will come with a couple different suit\weapon combos. The “First Contact” bundle gives players a golden suit of armor and a monster splattering Tesla Beam dipped in the goldest of gold named the Negotiator. The “First Contact” bundle is a graffiti slathered insulated suit and crowd clearing weapon dubbed the Evangelizer. Probably one of the more versatile weapons, this man mulcher slaps an AL-2g Assault Rifle on top of an Emerson 2100 shotgun. Both weapons also serve as blueprints for gamers to use in the series’ brand new crafting system. OCD alert!
EA has announced the Visceral developed game will pounce onto PS3, Xbox 360 and PCs on February 5, 2013. Hit the jump to check out EA’s press release and read up on the two bundles as well as peep the latest Gamescon trailer.
EA Forecasts the World’s Deadliest Winter When Dead Space 3 Releases on February 5, 2013
Dead Space 3 Limited Edition Gives Players Advanced Spacesuits and Weapons to Help Overcome Deadly Necromorphs and the Icy, Harsh Alien Terrain
COLOGNE, Germany–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Surviving violent, subzero conditions while fighting gigantic creatures, human enemies and blood-thirsty Necromorphs won’t be as easy as it sounds! Gamers can go it alone, or fortunately for fans everywhere, they will have the chance to face these terrors with a friend when Visceral Games, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio launches Dead Space 3 in North America on February 5, 2013 (8 February 2013 in Europe). From the lonely depths of space, to a graveyard of derelict spaceships, to a frozen planet with brutal conditions, Dead Space 3 takes action and terror to incredible new heights. In Dead Space 3, the fate of mankind rests in the hands of engineer Isaac Clarke and his new merciless co-op partner, John Carver. Survival is more difficult than ever before, but Visceral Games announced today that fans who pre-order the Dead Space 3 Limited Edition at participating retailers will have the advantage of using two bonus* suits and weapons, right when they start the game.
The Dead Space 3 Limited Edition provides gamers with first access to two game bundles: “First Contact” and “Witness the Truth” – each of which contains an advanced suit and devastating new weapon. These hand-crafted weapon combinations act as initial blueprints for the millions of permutations players will be able to create using the all-new weapon crafting system in the game.
“First Contact” Bundle
- First Contact Suit: This unique EVA (Extra-Vehicular Activity) suit was built by the SCAF (Sovereign Colonies Armed Forces) for encounters with “foreign entities.” It sports a flamboyant golden finish to provide protection from long-term space exposure and thick armor for… unspecified reasons. The suit was given the nickname “First Contact” by the scientists who made it.
- Negotiator Weapon: While technically classified by the SCAF as a “scientific instrument,” the gold-plated “Negotiator” is loaded with some surprisingly aggressive hardware. The overclocked, top-mounted Tesla Beam is capable of bursting a man-sized organism into several pieces with a single shot. The bottom-mounted Linegun appears to have been built with the sole purpose of cleanly dismembering organic tissue from a distance.
”Witness the Truth” Bundle
- Witness Suit: These insulated suits were worn by a SCAF deep dig team assigned to exhume the darkest secrets of Tau Volantis. Whatever they found locked deep in the ice changed them forever. When they emerged weeks later, they were covered head to toe in strange graffiti and claimed to be “Witnesses to the Truth.”
- Evangelizer Weapon: A modification of the standard AL-2 used by the Sovereign Colonies Legionaries, this version sports a souped-up AL-2g assault rifle on the top with an Emerson 2100 “Big Boy” tactical shotgun on the bottom. The surviving “Witnesses” of the SCAF deep dig team dubbed it the Evangelizer and decorated them top to bottom with strange symbols.
Winner of more than 15 critic awards at E3 2012 including Best of Show from Game Informer Magazine (third largest consumer magazine in the U.S.**), Dead Space 3 cuts to the heart of deep space terror. The game is recognized by game critics worldwide for its incredible craftsmanship in horror, action, suspense and sound design. Players will embark on a thrilling ride through space that takes them to a hostile new planet, Tau Volantis. Fortunately, they are not alone this time around. The fully integrated drop-in/drop-out co-op feature gives players the option to play alone or team-up with a friend anytime. Players that choose to take down the terror together will experience additional story details, side missions and gameplay mechanics only found when playing as John Carver.
Dead Space 3 is being developed for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and on PC. This product has not yet been rated by ESRB or PEGI. Follow us on twitter at: www.twitter.com/deadspace. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deadspace. For additional information and news, visit www.deadspace.com. Media assets are available at http://info.ea.com.
* Conditions and restrictions apply. See http://www.deadspace.com/buy for details.
** December 2011, Audit Bureau of Circulations.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 220 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2012, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.1 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
Danger Close, Medal of Honor, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Battlefield, Battlefield 4 and Frostbite are trademarks of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. John Madden, NFL, and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used under license. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
- Dead Space 3 Release Date Set For February 5, 2013
- Review: Dead Space 3 preview – it’s dangerous to go alone…