Daaaamn T-Mobile! Back at it again with the free plans! It’s becoming obvious that John Legere is completely bonkers. This weekend only, from 11/18/16-11/20/16, T-Mobile one ups Black Friday with “Magenta Friday”. They have announced that all new and existing customers will get 2 phone lines – for FREE.
The only catch is that you have to have at least 2 paid phone lines first, and you get a bill credit every month for up to 2 more. This is perfect for families and friends who want to save some serious money. I spoke with a T-Mobile rep to investigate. She confirmed that new customers signing up for their new T-Mobile ONE plan get this deal, and all current customers (even those with legacy plans) do, too. You can even bring your own devices. They don’t care!
In the same press release, T-Mobile also announced their upcoming Black Friday deals for 11/24/16-11/27/16. These include free phones, free VR headsets, free tablets, and discounts on audio and power accessories. Check it out:
- For that Person Suffering from #PhoneShame
– Upgrade them to a FREE Samsung Galaxy S7 after 24 monthly bill credits when you trade in a Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 or other device.
- For the Techie that Needs the Latest in VR
– Get a FREE Gear VR and $50 Oculus app store gift card when you get a Samsung Galaxy S7 (including the free one above) or Galaxy S7 edge.
- For the Parents Who Need a Moment’s Peace
– Get a FREE Samsung Tab E or LG Gpad X after 24 monthly bill credits with a T-Mobile ONE tablet plan. You pay only the sales tax!
- For the Audiophile / Headbanger
– Get $70 off the UE BOOM 2 wireless speaker (now just $129.99)
– Get $30 off the LG Tone Pro 760 Bluetooth headset (now just $39.99)
- For Any & Everyone
– Get $50 (>80%!) off the mophie Powerstation Mini (now just $9.99)
How can the wireless provider afford to do this and its other unorthodox offers? It’s their ever-increasing hunger for market share. Riding the wave of a massive Q3 earnings report, they are continuing to go after Verizon‘s and AT&T‘s customer bases. Yes, a lot of T-Mobile’s marketing is just that – marketing – but consumers seem to be responding positively to all the hype.
What do you geeks think? Are you making the switch for this weekend sale, and if you currently have T-Mobile, are you sticking with Magenta?