Screw playing Destiny during the daylight hours on Tuesday as Bungie has announced they will be taking the game offline for “several hours” for a stability hot fix. According to the tech gurus at Bungie, this fix will tackle the following key problems:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
The fix will start at 7 a.m. Pacific or 10 a.m. Eastern which really messes with those third shifters looking to let off a little Destiny steam after work. The rest of the “responsible” people should be at work or school so this out to not impact many peeps’ playing time. Unless of course that “several hours” turn into days.
While it’s not real meat and potatoes game additions, it’s good to see Bungie working to keep the game going. What do you geeks think? Will this hot fix affect you? Does this go towards some good will with Bungie? Sound off in those comments!