Square Enix and Eidos Montreal announced via twitter that the latest entry in the cyberpunk action RPG series of Deus Ex has “gone gold.” In other words, it is done, finito, print-it-and-ship-it.
— Deus Ex (@DeusEx) July 29, 2016
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is set two years after the previous entry, Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It sees the return of Adam Jensen, the previous games protagonist. It will feature the same FPS stealth gameplay with third-person cover mechanics. Adam will be armed with new weapons and abilities as he takes down out of control augmented humans and the shady Illuminati.
Deus Ex gives players the choice to handle situations in a number of ways, ensuring everyone’s gaming experience will be unique to their style of play. Whether you want to run-and-gun through a situation, hack or talk your way out, or silently snap necks from the shadows, the options are all there.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be released on August 23, 2016. It will be available on PC via Steam, PS4, and Xbox One. It is currently available for pre-order with some perks for snagging the “Day One Edition.” The “Day One Edition” includes:
- Intruder Gear: A special outfit for Adam that makes him nearly invisible to foes.
- Enforcer Gear: Another outfit that allows you to effectively mow people down with Adam’s Combat Rifle
- Classic Gear: Which is Adams classic trench coat and seems to promote more of a neutral play style, allowing you to approach situations in any way.
- Digital Art Book
- A six track OST sampler
- An extra in-game mission set in Prague
- A digital comic that expands the story
- A novella that expands on some of the characters back stories and motivations.
For those that care about lore, the “Day One Edition” is a no-brainer.
You geeks check out the most recent gameplay trailer below and see if Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the game for you. Be sure to shout out in the comments as to whether or not you’ll be scooping this game up on August 23rd when it releases.