Capcom is pumping out HD remasters of its classic games at record pace. Their latest efforts are six games from their collaboration with Disney.
Watching that trailer brought so many childhood memories flooding back into my mind. Not just watching the shows these games are based on, but playing these games as well. While not as iconic or memorable as other games in the Capcom catalog, this Disney collection is still chock full of retro gaming goodness. DuckTales in particular is one I recall fondly playing and raging over.
There are the six games coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on April 18th. The bundle will be digital only and set you back $19.99. For our friends on the other side of the pond that’s £15.99 or €19.99. As per-usual, each game has been remastered to run in 1080p, with retro filter options available for purists. Each of the six games will include leader boards, time attack modes, and boss rush modes. A new, and intriguing, addition is the “Rewind” feature. Similar to PS1’s Prince of Persia, players will be able to reverse to an earlier time if they make a misstep. Many may have gotten rusty to the tight precision required of the platformers of yesteryear, so this feature is a welcome one.
Here are the six games coming from Disney and Capcom:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
Do you geeks remember playing any of these games? Which was your favorite show or game? Darkwing Duck and Chip ‘n Dale are the ones I recall watching religiously when I was a wee one. Let us know if you’ll be picking up Capcom’s “Disney Afternoon Collection” in the comments below!