Starting today, November 16th, curious gamers will be able to play The Elder Scrolls Online for free until November 20th. While there is no monthly subscription fee attached to ESO, the game does cost $9.99. It’ll set you back $29.99 for the gold edition. The free weekend will only allow you to play the vanilla game, none of the DLC and expansions will be accessible. However, any progress made will carry over should you decide to buy the game.
Elder Scrolls Online is a game I was always interested in, but never tried. With this free trial period, now’s a good a time as any to give ESO a go. Conveniently, it ends just in time for another free weekend to kick off. Here’s how the ESO free weekend works:
- PS4™ players will be able to download The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited onto your consoles and play from 12:01am EST on November 16th
- PC/Mac players can pre-load The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited now on Steam to make sure you and your friends are ready for the event’s launch at 1pm EST November 16th
The Xbox One free weekend you ask? It’s coming “very soon.” Here is what everyone will have access to:
- The full game, not including DLC game pack areas
- 500 crowns to spend in the Crown Store if you’re creating an account for the first time
- Characters you create, Crown Packs or Crown Store items you purchase, and any progress you make during the Free Play Weekend will carry over if you decide to purchase the game
During the Elder Scrolls Online free weekend the game will sold at a discounted price as will the various other items for sale in the game. During this period you will also be able to enter a contest for a “trip of a lifetime.”
Will we be seeing any of you geeks in Tamriel? Already playing Elder Scrolls Online? Let us know in the comments. Happy adventuring!