How in the world has it taken this long? The iPhone 6 has been out for more than 9 months and we are just now getting some info? Has Apple finally figured out how to hold on to some of its secrets? Well at least until now! New info is in from The KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has a rock solid track record on Apple leaks in recent years. Kuo spoke privately to investors today breaking down 11 key features he understands will make up the key elements of the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus when they are launched in September.
AppleInsider obtained a copy of Kuo’s claims. There’s a wealth of information here, all of which sounds not only reasonable but logical. Let’s break down some of the key ones:
- Force Touch
- Screens will stay at 4.7″ and 5.5″
- They will be adding in a Rose Gold to match the Rose Gold Apple Watch (pic below)
- Camera will be bumped up to 12mp and f1.8 like the LG G4 or f1.9 like the Galaxy S6
- Bump to 2GB of RAM is long overdue and should open up the potential for iOS 9 to have dramatically improved multitasking. What form that will take remains to be seen. The A9 processor with upgraded 2GB LPDDR4 will be adopted.
- Microphone will be added to the speaker area to help with call quality
- Different casing material to help with so called bending issues
- If drop test issues can be resolved, the 5.5-inch model will have a limited number of units with sapphire cover lens.
- The recognition rate of Touch ID will be improved further in a bid to promote Apple Pay.
- Gesture control support
- iOS 9 of course
So there we have what is claiming to be the new features of the iPhone 6S. Will you be in line for this model? What is missing that you wanted or did they hit everything you asked for? Let us know in the comments below!