We have been following the developing story of the rumored next step for the Call of Duty franchise: Infinite Warfare with the box art leaks and mysterious videos. Now the rumor mill and endless speculation can be put to rest because Activision has officially announced that Infinite Warfare is happening and it’s coming to us this November.
Here’s what we do know:
- Players will play as Captain Reyes, a Spec Ops pilot in charge of Earth’s warship The Retribution. The story will take the player all over the solar system taking the scale of war to a much larger scale than previous titles.
- Obviously with the inclusion of inter-stellar travel, the story setting is set in the future. In this future, Earth is a skeletal planet skimmed of its natural resources spurred by industrialization and a mass populace.
- With the video we shared earlier this week, we catch a glimpse of the possible enemy in Infinite Warfare: The Settlement Defense Front (AKA “The Front”). A “group of insurgents” that was once a part of the United Nations Space Alliance is described by Activision as a “fascist power”. From what we’ve seen of the video, they are not a force to be taken lightly.
- Multiplayer – the aspect of this FPS franchise that most people purchase the game for. With E3 around the corner more details about the maps are expected to be revealed at that time, though there is a hint that Titanfall may influence a large amount of game mechanics for those who partake in the MP side of Call of Duty.
- Warships, like The Retribution, are an interesting addition to the franchise. Space combat is now a key factor in the campaign like never before. We do know that Reyes’ ship will act as a home base for players. Not only that, but the Jackal will be in the player’s arsenal as a fighter jet.
- Ah, Zombies – the staple of games such as the Black Ops series that have eaten their way straight into gamer’s hearts. Like with Black Ops III, Activision is bringing back a zombie-centric co-op storyline. More information has not be released at this time.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will be dropping November 4th for PC, Xbox One, and the Playstation 4.