Good news Sony fans: they have recently made the announcement for the 3.5 update for the PS4 systems coming out April 6th. The key features of this update, codenamed Musashi, have been released in the video below to show the highlights.
Remote play for PC (and Mac), the option be appear offline to friends, and scheduled events are just a few of the new features coming your way. Here is the full list of what to expect when 3.5 hits:
- Friend Online Notification – Players can choose if and what friends they get notifications of coming online from.
- Appear Offline – Much like the Xbox One, players can now choose whether they appear online or not to their friends list. Watching a movie or planning on immersing yourself in the total game experience? Now you can do so without any pesky invites, notifications, or any other interruptions.
- ‘Play Together’ – See what each person in your party is playing to make it easier to join up or start a new game entirely.
- Remote Play for both PC and Mac – PS4’s ‘Remote Play’ capabilities are bigger than ever with this new update. The Remote Play feature is compatible with Windows 8.1, Windows 10, OS X 10.10, and OS X 10.11.
- User Scheduled Events – Now you can create an event in order to schedule gaming sessions with your online friends. When the event starts, all friends invited to the event will automatically be added to the event’s party making it easier to come together. Another feature, events can be created and changed remotely from the PS4 app.
- Broadcast -The ability to broadcast is now available for Dailymotion.
- Playstation Plus Hub – Plus members will have an even easier time managing the perks of being a Plus member with the newly implemented hub, including seeing which friends play the same Plus Free games.
- Teen Account Creation – Teens from 13-17 years old now have access to creating an individual account only available for offline mode until a parent says otherwise. Parental controls are customizable.
- Social Improvements – Now you can share your friends’ achievements, hightlights of their gameplay, and share their epic screenshots to Twitter and Facebook.
Keep an eye out for this update, it goes live April 6th, 2016.