On May 4th, LEGO revealed the brand new Collectors Series Snowspeeder from The Empire Strikes Back. This is the second iteration of the CS Snowspeeder and a much cheaper version too. The 2003 version now sells for no less than $1600. This new one retails at a more wallet friendly $199.99. There’s more articulation and therefore more pieces totalling at just over 1700. Most Impressive. This thing looks beautiful and I want it.
Here’s the info from the official LEGO press release.
Collect a true Star Wars classic: the T-47 Snowspeeder. This LEGO® interpretation of the iconic airspeeder that fans will remember from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back has all the details you’d expect, including opening air brakes, rotating rear gun, and an opening cockpit with space for the included Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot and Rebel Snowspeeder Gunner. This model also comes with a display stand and fact plaque, so it can take pride of place in any LEGO Star Wars collection.
- Includes 2 minifigures: a Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot and a Rebel Snowspeeder Gunner.
- Features intricate, authentic detailing, opening air brakes, rotating rear gun and an opening cockpit with space for the 2 included minifigures.
- Attach the Snowspeeder to the stand with fact plaque to display it.
- Includes 2 blaster pistols.
- Accessory elements include electrobinoculars, a Snowspeeder Pilot helmet and a Snowspeeder Gunner helmet.
- Snowspeeder on display stand measures over 8” (21cm) high, 15” (39cm) long and 11” (29cm) wide, and over 4” (11cm) high without stand.
Fans had better be quick to order, as these babies tend to sell out fast and are quickly discontinued.
Don’t miss your chance!