Massive teaser out of nowhere from Hello Games teases its biggest update yet for No Man’s Sky, called ‘No Man’s Sky NEXT‘. Seriously, I think Microsoft helped them out with the naming convention. Regardless, it’s due out next week, July 24th. Take a gander at this gorgeous trailer that showcases a new 3rd person perspective, overhauled visuals, multiplayer and more!
I mean, a 3rd person perspective does change its immersion level for sure, but it’s adding multiplayer now! Nothing says immersion like running into ‘xXx420ButtPlugxXx’ on a distant planet that you thought you were alone on. However, them overhauled visuals look tasty. As for multiplayer… I mean, c’mon. No Man’s Sky was the pariah of the industry when it released as people were disappointed when it wasn’t included, even though it was teased during development. However, it looks like there’s full on PvP, PvE as well as custom races with some sort of built in racetrack creator.
Myself, I played it when it first came out, and yeah I was one of those that was disappointed. Not because of what people thought it was, but because of what it could be. I was thinking Starbound in 3D, and it was nowhere near, however they are getting damn close now. Below are the details from the blog regarding the free NEXT update coming to No Man’s Sky owners.
What about you geeks? Going back to get your No Man’s Sky on with NEXT? Sound off in comments on Facebook or anywhere!
- Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.